Monday, February 6, 2012

Play Acting


I often pull inspiration for outfits from decades past, the music industry, and movie genres.  This particular outfit was inspired by a combination of all three of these sources.  I was listening to Pandora internet radio when a Barbara Streisand song came on. The album cover instantly spoke to me, and I said THAT is what I am wearing tomorrow.  I love the way the simplicity of the monochromatic pallet contrasts with the drama of the layered pieces.  The best part is this is a look you can easily put together with items already found in your closet.  wearing one color from head to toe also creates a very slimming look, so it is great for those after Super Bowl days.   The drama of the outfit, as well as its inspiration, caused me to feel a tad theatrical when it came time to step away from my keyboard and in front of the camera.  Enjoy the show!

Top - H&M, Tank, belt- Arden B, Tights- DKNY, Socks- Delias,
Boots- Clarks,Scarf- gifted, Bracelet- Jewelmint





2 comments:

  1. Very dramatic.
    JHF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chic baby! would you like to follow each other blog? :X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete